Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stormy Tornado Sky

I'm no weather expert, but I know whether or not I like what I see. I was most impressed with the cloud formations near Indianapolis Indiana yesterday. Like the beauty of a wild beast, stacks and layers of stormy colored clouds crossed overhead. Once the lightning had well passed I was tempted to venture outside with my camera (visit my fine art portfolio to see results). I don't recall having seen anything like these clouds in the Midwest except from my nightmares of the Super Outbreak of tornadic activity back in 1974. The colors were made even more intense by the setting sun, and though a warm solar glow was added, the light also revealed that cliche sick tornado green.

Twister Passed, by Tree Pruitt (see below).
Here in Indy these two mixing severe thunderstorms shown in my photographs tossed out large hail, at least one possible tornado, and did prompt several reports of funnel clouds across portions of central Indiana before moving on to my former home of Ohio. I'm sure the warning sirens were sounding off well where I used to reside in Clermont County Ohio, which just last year had been beaten up by Hurricane Ike. Near to that location is the weather station in Wilmington, which was able to visually confirm a twister last night touched down right there! It was a strange sensation watching these storms move from my new home to my old. As much as I revelled in awe at the cloud formations and distant violent lightning, I hoped with all hope that no one was being harmed by these amazing skies. Before the sun finally set, a rainbow arched across the grassy field.
I've chosen a few photographs from yesterday to manipulate for art prints, but I'm also working on putting the entire set of unenhanced images into a public photo album for free viewing; please do check back for more information.

*Original art images ©Tree Pruitt, unless otherwise indicated. Contact the artist prior to ANY use or for purchase information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree