Friday, April 23, 2010

Contemporary Obama

When I finished this small portrait painting of the US President I wondered about the expressions it may reveal to individual viewers. Introspection aside, I enjoy painting and drawing faces in this Cubist sort of style because of the expressive tension it seems to offer. This new piece is painted in artist quality acrylics on a four inch by five inch canvas board. Warm, rich colors create the face while the ebony hair holds a touch of cool grey for a painting dynamic enough to speak out from a small size format. Signed as ,"Tree" in the lower right corner.

*The original painting is no longer available, but please check my links for print options.


 
Geometric Cubism applied to a portrait of the United States President Barack Obama. Original 4" x 5" acrylic paint on unframed canvas board, by Tree Pruitt.



*Original art images ©Tree Pruitt, unless otherwise indicated. Contact the artist prior to ANY use or for purchase information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree