Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Portrait of Poet Carl Dennis

A while back I attended a poetry reading given by Pulitzer Prize winning American poet Carl Dennis, and I had the foresight to bring along a sketchbook. During the reading I was entranced by his emotive voice and body postures, so found myself taking the opportunity to capture the moment. I enjoyed the entire artistic experience.

   "Carl Dennis Poetry Reading" by Tree Pruitt

  For fun recently I used that sketch to paint this small portrait of the poet onto 5" x 7" canvas board, (signed as T. E. Pruitt), using Liquitex Artist Paints. I'm glad to show it to you and I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks!

 
"Carl Dennis Poetry Reading" by Tree Pruitt © 2011. Contact the artist prior to ANY use.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree