Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Road to Aberdeen


The Road to Aberdeen by Tree Pruitt
The Road to Aberdeen

Originally uploaded by Artist-Tree
I'm getting to be more active at a site called Flicker, for sharing images. I found some great groups there, and especially groups on the topic of my former home -- the Pacific Northwest. I love the rain. So here's in an older painting of mine I've recently shared at Flicker. It is in the style of Post Impressionism, with fat juicy paint strokes in vivid Da Vinci brand oil paints, which are excellent for capturing the high key light of the moister places in Washington.
The earth and sky shake hands on the horizon, in the Olympic National Rainforest area. Travel on towards Aberdeen - where rivers meet. Towering trees hug the roadway in this Western Washington State scene. Pacific Northwest, Grays Harbor area.


The Road to Aberdeen; 16" x 20" x 3/4" original oil painting on canvas by Tree Pruitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree