Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Next Stage of Acrylic Portrait of Ivy

In the post just prior to this entry I told of an acrylic portrait painting of actress, model, and Go-Go Dancer Ivy Blue. Working from a photograph, I've developed my own interpretation of the overall image using thick brush strokes and vivid color.

Below are two photos of different stages of the painting. The image on the right shows the results after an evening spent working on the canvas; the left is a "before". These are just quick snaps in the studio, so the lighting is a bit off, but the colors are bold and vivid. Using acrylic gel medium in addition to the paint adds layers with depth, much like the effect of an oil painting, but still maintains that modern plasticity of acrylic. There are a few areas that still don't sit quite right with me yet, so I'll likely paint some more this evening.

*Later that evening ... Below is a peek at what is probably the now finished painting. Tomorrow I'll make some lighting adjustments and get a better photo posted. It's very textural. I need to let Ivy know it's finished! I hope she enjoys it.



*Original art images ©Tree Pruitt, unless otherwise indicated. Contact the artist prior to ANY use or for purchase information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree