Friday, September 30, 2011

Rainforest Inspired

This month has featured numerous days of rain in my area. My houseplants are loving the soft light and the art studio is nicely cooled. So far, no hot Indian Summer like I'd expected, but enough rainy days in a row to make me think back to when I lived in Washington state. Here are two bits of art, a painting and a poem, that were inspired by the misty Pacific Northwest rainforest.


~ My Eye Will Not Forget ~

Blurred vision of a distant horizon --
Cedar rhythms dance my eye --
American rainforest a-drip with neon green.
Rivers run my pulse.
Sunset explosion of fiery, bright orange --
Solid color fills the sky,
As if upon another world!
The trees come down to kiss the shore
Where Pacific waves have their way.
Red forest trails --
My eye is filled with wonder!
Water hovers in the air.
Faces look from shapes in trees;
Primordial magic!
Moss beds and alder swamps,
Blue mountains hold a burning secret.
My eye will not forget.

©Tree Pruitt
Artwork shown, "The Road to Aberdeen", oil on canvas painting by Tree.
*See a previous post about this piece, here.







 
 


*Original art images ©Tree Pruitt, unless otherwise indicated. Contact the artist prior to ANY use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and questions. Please be respectful to others when commenting and remember that your remarks will be made public. Moderation is on to avoid SPAM links, so your remarks may not show right away, but I will review comments as soon as possible after notification email hits my inbox. THANKS for sharing! -- Tree